Thursday, July 4, 2013

June


It seems I have becoming a monthly blogger, this was not intended, but life got in the way I guess. Below is a recap of June.
The month started in Pella, IA for my cousin Jana's wedding. We drove through the night a did a little relaxing before the festivities.

After the festive weekend I flew back to Ohio to finish out the school year while Tony and the kids spent time in Worthington with Grandpa and Grandma Schnyders.
(we only have 1 picture of this entire week because I wasn't there to take them :)

When I returned to the midwest, I flew in to Omaha, so we decided to make a little vacation out of it and hit up the zoo. It was a fun but exhausting day.
 Riding over the zoo in the ski-lift, very cool.





 Deacon loves all animals, his favorite part of the day was the petting zoo. Here he is with a goat.

We then spent a few days in Worthington seeing family and friends.


Next, we were off to Chandler to enjoy the Schoomeester family reunion. It was a really fun time of seeing some of my family that I have not seen in 5+ years, unfortunately, Deacon broke his leg going down a slide and that was not such a good experience.





The next location of our ever traveling vacation was Lake Shetek. We went this my mom and dad and sisters to a friends cabin for a few days. It was very relaxing, I managed to get a nap every day:) and fun. It was a bit of a struggle to keep Deacon happy and occupied with his new cast.





Tony and I ready to go out and celebrate our 8th anniversary!

 Zoe can always make Great Gma and Gpa laugh.




We left at 4am on the June 21st. We zig-zagged through Iowa trying to aviod a nasty storm. We made it home by 8 pm.


The last couple weeks have been very uneventful, which we are grateful for. Tony has been working at the golf course and the kids and I have been staying busy with walks, the parks, cooking (something I only do in the summers), and random summer fun. Zoe has been a very helpful big sister for Deacon as he is often frustrated with his cast. He has learned to walk in it, but he is still not as mobile as he would prefer. I have let Zoe swim in her pool while Deacon is napping to avoid that fight. He is doing well and the cast is coming off in a week!


 Both kids are a big fan of the fountain on campus.


 Deacon is obsessed with Thomas the Train. This is on our way back from the library, he just couldn't wait to get into the new Thomas book.


 Deacon has moved out of the crib and he is loving it and doing a great job. He only got out of bed the first 2 nights and since has stayed in and slept almost 12 hours every night!



 Zoe and I made a Barbie house out of a cardboard box and she has spent hours playing with it.

 Cast fully covered so he can enjoy the sand volleyball courts.

 Just an average walk to the office to check the mail:)


Hopefully there will be another post before August, but who knows, I am greatly enjoying this slower pace of life right now.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved your blog. Seeing all the pictures just put a smile on my face and heart. So glad we were able to spend time with all of you in June. Can't wait for the next time we can come to see you!!!
Grandma Sheila