Thursday, February 28, 2013

February

A little update from the last month: Zoe continues to sing and dance through most of her day. She is also coloring all the time. Zoe doesn't know this yet, but she gets to be in a wedding in May. One of Tony's former RA's asked her to be in his wedding. She doesn't know this yet because we are afraid if we told her already, it is the only thing we would hear about for 2 months. She loves watching "Say Yes To The Dress" and anything to do with weddings, so she will be thrilled with this oppurtunity. Zoe's hair is getting long and she says she loves her long hair, but is constantly frustrated with it being in her face. Tony is getting really good at putting in pony tails sense he brings the kids to daycare everyday.
Deacon is still not saying much for words, but is making more noises. When Tony took him for his 15th appointment the doctor encouraged us to teach Zoe to give Deacon a chance to talk. She wants to let her brother talk, but is not very good at waiting long enough for him to respond. He is saying "dada" and "ball"  Deacon is also very sensitive and likes to cuddle, very different from his older sister. He is also good at putting things where they belong, like his shoes, his paci, trash, toys. He knows where things are suppose to be and if you tell him to put it back or put it away, he will:)
Tony is  about to turn the big 30! This will happen over his spring break. His mom is visiting for a week to celebrate both their birthdays! It should be a fun week and Zoe is very excited to spend some time with Grandma.
This was my last week of class for 7 weeks! I will be spending 20 Hours volunteering at a after school program in Canton as well as doing some after school tutoring with my studnets. I amalso continuing to work on my research project which I am really enjoying. It has been a tough year at my school. There have been mutiple suspensions for threats and violent language and tragically there was a suicide last week. All of this makes me grateful for the education expereinces I had, but mostly it encourages me to be Jesus to the many struggling students around me.  I know, unfortunately I may be one of the few steady and realiable adults in some of my students lives, and I want to give them the love and attention they deserve as best I can in a school setting. I would just ask for prayers for my school as we are still working through the tragedy of the loss of a students and friend.
We looking forward to a fun spring with some fun things coming up that I will post about later:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Zoe,
Grandma can hardly wait till Tues. night. We will have lots of time together.

Danielle, so love your posting. I realize what a treat it is that you share your lives with us this way. Thanks for all the time you spend keeping us connected.
grandma Schnyders

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.