Monday, December 10, 2012

Skydiving

On Nov. 17 I was able to fulfill a long time dream, skydiving. Tony had bought a tandem skydiving adventure on Groupon back in May and we finally found a time that worked for myself and the two friends who joined me. To be honest, it wasn't as exhilarating as I had hoped. Heights do not really scare me, so that was not a problem, the cold was the biggest issue. I loved it and would do it again in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive, but I didn't get the adrenalin rush like I had expected. All the being said, I am so glad I did it. 
The very old and small plane that took me two miles up.


Telling Zoe to get back behind the fence, she was less than thrilled to see her mom leave in a plane.


Patiently waiting for me to return to the ground.

The free fall only lasted about 30 second, but was by far the neatest part. The parachute ride was beautiful, but by then I couldn't feel my hands or face because it was so cold.







2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are crazy... but I am glad you had fun! I am also slightly jealous that you did not inherit mom's fear of heights, because I most definitely have.

Anonymous said...

I think next time you better do it in the summer when it's a little wormer!!!!! Thanks for the pictures.Looks like Zoe wanted to go with you or else she didn't want you to go --what was it? See you next week.love G grandma v w