Sunday, March 2, 2014

January and February: SNOW

With the lack of blogging, one would assume I have been too busy to write. Although it seems we are always on the run, I have actually had 8 unexpected days off of work in the last two month thanks so the incredible amount of snow and freezing temperature we have been experiencing. I have greatly enjoyed the extra days at home with the kids, but I am very much a person of routine, so this has been an interesting two months.
Dress up: Tony does not appreciate this picture, but I think it is hilarious.

Snow Day: game day

Nap time together in Mom and Dad's bed.

They love to walk around campus in the snow.

Using the lobby for extra play space.

A day warm enough to actually play in the snow:)
There are many new pictures on Shutterfly of January and February. 
We are very much looking forward to spring and warmer temps. Tony is in spring break this week, so he will be home with the kids all week. He goes to the Big Ten tournament in a couple weeks which he is very much looking forward to. He is also busy planning two trip to Guatemala, one with a group of Malone students in May for a service learning trip and a trip in June with our Youth group which we are very much looking forward to.
I am staying busy at school, I have an extra-curriculum activity every day after school for all of March and April. I am a Girls On The Run coach, I am doing math tutoring and I am helping the shot and disc throwers on the track team. This will be a very busy and challenging time, but also fun I am sure. I am also currently training for my first ever half marathon.... So far I have only ran 5 miles, but it is going well and I hope to run the full 13 miles on April 26.
Zoe is loving her new Montessori school. She says every day that she didn't learn anything, but then she will randomly use words or explain a concept we know she learned at school. Just last week she told us the difference between fiction and nonfiction, living and non-living things and evergreens and other trees. Her vocabulary is rapidly growing and we are so thrilled that she is excited about school and learning so much. Zoe is going to be participating in a youth soccer league this spring and she is excited about that. She will also be coming with us to Guatemala in June and she often ask questions about Guatemala or ask how to say something in Spanish. 
Deacon continues to grow and talk more and more. For awhile his favorite saying was "oh man" and we heard it often. Lately he loves counting, but it usually just consists of 2,5,8,9 over and over. He continues to enjoy going to Linda's house and playing cars and trucks with the other boys there. We have learned that Deacon is a very stubborn and sometimes aggressive little boy, so that has been fun ;/ That being said, he is also my little cuddler, which I always enjoy. Usually both kids play very well together, especially if they are dancing.
That's all for now. Hoping for warmer weather...SOON.

No comments: